Saturday, October 16, 2010

So long, 2008!



... which is to say, I've deleted a few old entries, because I'd accidentally deleted the links to the old pictures they featured (augh). However, in the interest of positive spins, I meant to tidy things up a little more anyway, so it's probably for the best! Besides, I have some new things to post here!
(click to enlarge, for everything posted)



IN OTHER NEWS: I've become a regular contributer to the absolutely lovely Picture Book Report, a blog devoted to artists depicting scenes from some of their favourite books (from childhood or otherwise!). I chose Brave New World by Aldous Huxley because I've always liked the aesthetics of the world -- and because I received my best book report related mark for it back in highschool, aha. Check out the blog itself for tons of amazing art by absolutely killer artists, but here are the pieces I've done so far:






... and that's it for now! See the link to the side for my Livejournal if you're into that sort of thing -- there's more work there, including several short comics. Hope to get my website running soon though, grr.

16 comments:

  1. Hi! I just ready your Face All Red comic (followed from Drawn). I thought it was so beautiful, you have a way with colours that adds an amazing depth to everything.. It made me want to go home and draw. It would be great to see you post up your process one day. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful style! And I read His Face All Red and loved it! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your work. :) Thanks so much for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emily, I just read your "Face All Red" comic and was really blown away by it. I was wondering if you also do print comics, all well as digital... I own Locust Moon Comics in Philadelphia and I'd love to sell some of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, I really like your work and see a lot of similarities within drawing style to mine. I am a grad student at SCAD and am going to put you down as an artistic inspiration for my work on a form for my graduate review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi miss emily, your blog and work are excellent, they make me remember the kiss and warmth of a beautiful girl, I love your use of colour and texture.

    cheers to you and your excellent work, I am glad I found your blog

    your fan

    -LFW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from Ireland. You are not only a great illustrator, you are an inspiring storyteller. Get thee to Hollywood or get Hollywood to thee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just read your comic 'His Face All Red', via Drawn.. Amazing, beautiful work. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just found this blog, and i am so jealous of your drawing skills. it's all so weird/creepy but pretty! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like others here I discovered this blog after reading and loving "His Face All Red." Thrilled by your work. Do you have anything in print that I could buy to help you keep doing what you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hug me honey, snuggly bunny, love's as good as Soma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very interesting stuff. the style reminds me of illustrations in children's books from the 60's. very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome stuff! love the way you design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your work! I'm just about done reading Brave New World and immediately connected your artwork to the book before even reading the full post- it's really awesome how you chose to portray it, IMHO.
    Can't wait to see more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete