Friday, June 17, 2011

Another fan art round-up:


Just a few things of fan art from here and there -- above was inspired by Becky Cloonan's amazing comic Wolves, which I received at TCAF and have been thinking about ever since. In addition to absolutely incredible art (Becky's inking kills me, it kills me), it has a story that really lingers with you. So well done! THE REST OF THIS: is video game fan art, of course. There's the Courier & Rex from Fallout: New Vegas, Beatrix from the same (in her work clothes), Elena Fisher from a moment in Uncharted 3, Elizabeth from a moment in Bioshock Infinite, and Tali from Mass Effect.



I also wanted to mention that Vol 1 of Josh Tierney's Spera comic will be being released by Archaia this September! I'll have 20 pages in the book (the illustration duties are being shared with some really fantastic artists, holy cats), and I'm really looking forward to seeing it all come together (and not just because I really like drawing Pira's funny little jacket).

ALSO: it's Sam Bosma's birthday! Happy birthday, Sam! If you're not familiar with his work, be prepared to love it right now (especially if you like ASOIAF related art, because ye gads, he's terrific with those characters).

6 comments:

  1. Some girl on NY Ink last night was getting a tattoo of a "zombie pin up girl" and I was thinking "WHUUUT, she should get one of Emily Carroll's zombie pin up girls."

    Yours are amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmiiilllllyyyyyyyy! Thanks! Your Tali is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stuff! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh your Mass Effect drawings make me want to play that game SOBAD. Except I have to finish all the other games I've started first -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty much exactly what my courier looked like.

    ReplyDelete