Monday, August 19, 2013

Gone Home released!



GONE HOME was released last Thursday, and I would have posted about it sooner, but I was off visiting Portland to celebrate said release with The Fullbright Company. I'm proud to have had some small part in the game -- the above title image is drawn by me, as are the in-game maps, and the font used in game is based on my handwriting (there's a few other things too). My talented & generally fucking amazing wife Kate Craig was the 3D artist on the game, and the love that she & everyone else in Fullbright poured into it is completely, wonderfully, obvious.

I really think that if you enjoy my storytelling, and the sorts of things that I make, that you would be interested in this game. For those wary of video games in general, know that there are no enemies to kill in Gone Home, no abstract puzzles, and no need to keep your finger twitching over a trigger button. It's a game of exploration, of piecing together clues, of reading and assessing in your own time and in your own way. It's about human lives and relationships, some old, some new, some close, some distant and aching. I strongly urge you to check out its website and see if it's something you might be interested in.

And on the subject of creative storytelling, I wanted to take the time to post the art I did for Ryan North's To Be or Not To Be, a Hamlet Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel! I was very pleased to be given the 'Canonical Ending' to illustrate (click for bigger version):


...and actually, while I'm here, these are some assorted drawings & general whatnots that I have posted to twitter in the last while. There's a few creatures, a few beaks, a few scales, and also some Animal Crossing: New Leaf fan art thrown in for good measure (not to be confused with the fan art of Honored Matres from Dune, though they should be pretty simple to tell apart). As ever, click to enlarge.